Why You Need a Website
Why does your business need a website?
The web has become an essential marketing tool for almost all businesses, from the smallest “mom and pop” shops to large multinational corporations. Recent statistics show that over 65% of Canadians are Internet users, and the number of web users has increased by nearly 70% since 2000. The web has become an important source of information for today’s consumers, and a web presence can be a powerful tool for your business.
For either a new business or a well established one, a web site provides a quick, no commitment avenue for potential customers to learn who you are, what you do, and where you are located. Without a web presence, a consumer may not even know your business exists. Whether someone is simply looking for your location so they can stop by and browse or they want to make a purchase online, a web site facilitates the process in a cost-effective manner.
The top six benefits of a web presence include:
- Inquiry without commitment — The reality is most consumers want to get as much information about your products or services without having to call you, or physically visit your location. A website provides a no-pressure, no-commitment avenue for them to get the information they require.
- Maximize other marketing — If you are paying for other marketing mediums, like print or television ads, a website maximizes the value of those campaigns. The amount of information that be presented via those mediums is limited, but you can use them to drive customers to your site where they can learn more. The amount of information that can be presented via a web site is virtually unlimited.
- The ideal marketing medium — Many people now rely heavily on the Internet as a source of information. When they want to learn more about a company, they will often turn to the web, simply because the amount of information there can be so comprehensive. A web site ensures that you control at least some of the information that is out there about your company.
- The equalizer — While the effectiveness of print, television, and radio ads is usually dependent on the amount of money you spend, a web solution doesn’t have to be. With an effective design and relevant content, your message can be delivered to thousands of people at a very low cost.
- Open 24/7 — A website is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A consumer can get information and do business with you at their convenience. Your web presence should work for you, even when you aren’t working.
- No geographic limits — There may be an untapped market for your product or service outside of your normal marketing area. While traditional forms of marketing are geographically limited in their exposure, the web is a truly global marketplace. Whether it is in the next city over, or in a different province, or even on another continent, there could be a potential market for your business that isn’t being reached by your current marketing efforts. Break that barrier with a web site that is accessible world wide.
Part 2: You’ve decided you need a web site…
We strive to help our potential clients make informed decisions. If you have read enough information and wish to begin with a free consultation, please complete the form below.
We would like to reassure you that Redcow keeps all email addresses in the strictest confidence. You will not be contacted by Redcow or its affiliates without your permission. Should you wish to discontinue any correspondence with Redcow, please let us know.
Fields in bold are required.